My book review

A few weeks ago, I created a book review on request for it to be posted on a magazine . I chose to do it on the Boy of the Back of the Class. Here is my review.↓

Introduction
The Boy At the Back Of the Class is a great book by Onjali Q. Rauf because it reveals the hardship of people escaping the war in Syria and a strong connection between two people.
Summary
A refugee boy came to a school where the narrator and her best friends go to. The narrator became friends with Ahmet (the refugee boy) and Brendan-the-bully was being mean to him so they had a fight. Ahmet won and so Brendan got revenge by putting a can of baked beans into Ahmet’s red bag. He tries to wash it off but the smells and stains stayed. The narrator learned more about Ahmet’s background story and how he got into the school and country. Ahmet and his family were running from a war in Syria and they all got separated. Unfortunately, Ahmet’s cat died whilst going on a boat to Greece. They had to move to many different countries to get as far as possible from the war. After hearing this, the narrator decided to write a letter to the Queen to help Ahmet find his parents and sister. They all secretly travel to London to give the letter to the Queen – who was in Buckingham palace. Ahmet and the narrator entered the palace compound without permission from the special guards and gave the letter to the man in the gold coat to give to the Queen. The queen replied and told them that they are searching for his parents and sister. She also wanted to have tea with them sometimes. She eventually found them and Ahmet was reunited with his family.
Opinions
My favourite part of the book was when Ahmet and the narrator got famous and was in the newspaper for entering Buckingham palace’s compound. My least favourite part was when Brendan was pouring the can of baked beans into Ahmet’s bag. I went through a sea of emotions whilst reading that book: joy, contentment, sadness and hope. I knew that Ahmet would do anything to get back with his family. My favourite character is the narrator because she is very kind and sympathetic towards Ahmet and she wanted to become friends with him regardless of his background.
Ratings and recommendations
I would personally recommend this book from ages 8-11 because the main characters are 9-10 years and the age I recommended would probably suit the content and meaning towards this book. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because this book is very meaningful and it teaches many morals to the reader.


I had a lot of fun writing up this review. I think it is very thorough, concise and has a great use of vocabulary. What do you think of it?
Tell me in the comments.
Me and the book.

Comments

Tokwan said…
Great effort Aisya. Good writing techniques and skills.The presentation will looks better if the photo of the book is also included. It is a good practice to develop your critical thinking skills.
#readwritethink.
AisyaNazrim said…
i follow your suggestion. I put the picture. thank you Tokwan
Anonymous said…
Excellent book review Aisya. I have to read it soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Making Harry Potter Monopoly

Pizza Pizza