Rainbow is for hope


Today, we all decided to make some thing about rainbows to put at our windows as a sign for hope. A hope to make covid 19 disappear. In our neighbourhood, there are more than 40 rainbows that my friend said when she was jogging! I wanted to make an origami rainbow hanging on a piece of string to stick on the front door window. My brother, sister and my mum painted a rainbow with sunshine and flowers on my mum's middle window in her room. My sister did the rainbow, my brother did the sunshine and my mum did the flowers and greenary.

Instructions to make a hanging rainbow

What you will need:

  • Coloured card (white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink)
  • Scissors
  • Clear tape
  • Double sided tape
  • Stapler
  • White pom poms
  • Srong string
1. First, cut out strips of card from each colour and not the white card (all the same size).
2. Second, fold them so that red is not folded, orange is folded a tiny bit and yellow is folded 50%       more than orange and so on.
3. Next, cut the folded bits off.
4. Then, staple it all together as if you are holding a fan.
5.  After that, cut out circles from the white card.
6. Use double-sided tape to stick together the white circle card and the strips of  coloured card and fold.
7. Do the same to the other side.
8. Add double-sided tape to the pom poms and stick them on white circles as clouds.
9. Tie the string to the top of the rainbow and secure with clear tape.
10. Finally, use the clear tape to stick to the surface of your choice. There's your rainbow.

If you are unsure of any steps, follow this link below for a video (I used the same steps as the person on the video).
the painted rainbow
me with my rainbow
Together we will beat this


Comments

Anonymous said…
Love both the origami and painted rainbows. They are amazing.Yes lets hope covid19 is over soon. Together we can beat this.Baba
Hanif said…
Wow... Pelangi yang menyeri dinding rumah anda... Ayuh kita teruskan saranan kerajaan #stayathome ini dengan banyak kan aktiviti2 sebegini... #Dogood #begood #staysafeathome...
Tokwan said…
Love your message to support the isolation order. Stayathome, staypositive and staystrong. InsyaAllah,we (i & u) can break the v_r_s chain.
AisyaNazrim said…
Yes Tok Wan, we can fight this together. hPak su, I agree with you, stay at home, stay safe and stay positive. Baba what shall we do next!!

Popular posts from this blog

My book review

Making Harry Potter Monopoly

Pizza Pizza