The exotic journey

Today, I did an english lesson with Holly and today was about the qualities for a poem. I had to chose a fruit and write a peom about it after discussing the qualities.

The qualities for a poem
  • Alliteration - The first letters of a word being the same with the naxt after it. Eg. pointy pants, sugar sweet.
  • Onomatopoeia - a word sounding like a noise. Eg. Crack! Smash!
  • Personification - describing a thing with an action a human does. Eg. trees dancing, the cherry laughing.
  • Sibilance - repetition of the 's' or 'sh' sound. Eg. the slithering snake swept into the spooky skeleton house.
  • Assonance - the vowel sound repeated. Eg. the fair pear in my hair, the slime crime takes time.
  • Similes and metaphors - comparing something to something else. Eg. Simile - as fast as a cheetah, light as a feather. Metaphor - she was a long river, a boulder he was. 
My poem

As I sat down on the front door steps,
Longing to taste the juicy, tropical fruit,
I felt my mouth watering at the thought of it,
I could imagine and see the ripe plump topaz in my hands,
Glimmering and beaming at me,
Its sunshine-yellow flesh dancing in the light,
The soft coating waiting to be peeled,
A green, strong stem shot out of it, holding the magnificent structure together,
Swoosh! A graceful, roaming robin perched beside me,
As if understanding what I was thinking,
It sympathetically took a small step towards me, beckoning me to follow,
Then it flew away, with me behind it,
mango fruit isolated on white background Wall Mural • Pixers® • We ...
a mango
Over the small hills, mounds of grounds and across a wide river,
Splash! Mw feet went in the soothing, cold water, 
The bird lead me to a tree,
A tree where my favourite fruit dwelled,
It nibbled on a stalk of one and... SNAP! it fell,
With my quick reactions, I caught it,
Sitting under the tree, the fruit showed off its beauty,
I used my penknife to peel the jacket, 
And bit into the fruit of my dreams,
Oh, how sweet and moist it was, 
The Mango.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!!! I want to be in your exotic journey too. I can taste mango in my mind now!!
Anonymous said…
Love your poem, makes me want to have a mango too. Dad
Tokwan Ramli said…
It makes my mouth watering too when I read your nice lyrically poem. What is next to a mango in your exotic journey? Rambutans or durian!!
AisyaNazrim said…
Thank you so much! For me, it also felt I was on the Jorney myself.
AisyaNazrim said…
Mangostine!Tokwan.

Popular posts from this blog

My book review

Making Harry Potter Monopoly

Pizza Pizza